Award winning quality, with products that stand the test of time
Small revamps through to complete house fit outs
Complete service, from design to installation
All done in house by a Christchurch based family business
Work with the best
1. Award winning quality: We’ve won multiple New Zealand Master Joiners Awards over the years, including Best National Kitchen 3 years running. We put the same care and attention in to every job we do, whether it’s a $2,000 laundry upgrade or a $200,000 complete house fit out.
2. Complete service, from design to installation: We have a dedicated in-house designer so we can take you through the whole process from start to finish.
3. Personal service from a Christchurch based family business: As a business lead by a father and son team, families are important to us. We work closely with other local organisations and really enjoy connecting with our customers.
4. Products which stand the test of time: Your kitchen and other joinery will be used every day and need to withstand the rigours of everyday life. That’s why we use quality components and materials throughout the building process.
5. Bespoke joinery solutions: We listen to what you want and what you need. Everyone’s needs are different, and we want to make sure you get the perfect solution for you.
Whether you need a simple measure and build, already have detailed plans, or have a space you’d like to overhaul but no idea how to go about it, we can help.
With our in-house designer, we can help you develop your ideas and create great solutions for your budget and the space you’re working with.
We listen to what you want and what you need. Everyone’s needs are different, and we want to make sure you get the perfect solution for you.
With our dedicated in-house designer we can take you through the whole process from start to finish.
Your kitchen and other joinery will be used every day and need to withstand the rigours of everyday life. That’s why we use quality components and materials throughout the building process.
We work closely with other local organisations so when you go with us, you’re also supporting other Christchurch and New Zealand businesses.
With experienced and dedicated installers, we have a strong work ethic and a great eye for detail. We’ll remove your old kitchen, arrange traders as needed, and come in on pre-arranged dates in order to make the process run as smoothly as possible.
Our aim is to be as quick and efficient as possible so we can install your joinery with a minimum of disruption. We also want to do it right the first time so you can begin enjoying your new joinery straight away!
Ruth Richardson, "The Honourable"
“Graham and Grant of Modern Age Kitchens and Joinery are everything a project planner could dream of and much more. This firm sets the gold standard of kitchen construction and installation.
Their workmanship is of a very high level and in our experience they excel in any building medium. It is not just the quality of their craft that makes me such an enthusiastic champion of the firm, but the quality of their customer relations."
Jane and Aaron
" Thank you so much for our fabulous kitchen, pantry & laundry. We are really pleased with everything that your team has made for us. It was really easy right from the start when we talked about what we wanted to you putting the kitchen in on the exact date that we wanted it done.
Our builder was sceptical about us using someone other than who they usually worked with. However he was really impressed with the care that you took and the obvious pride you had in your product. He has admired the quality of the work – and commented to us about it. We will certainly be recommending Modern Age to anyone who asks."
John G Sheaf - VICAR
" On behalf of everyone from the Parish of Upper Riccarton-Yaldhurst, thank you to you all at Modern Age Kitchens and Joinery for your work and attention to detail in providing the excellent joinery for our new Parish Hall kitchen.
We were very grateful for your help and suggestions in several areas, helping us obtain items at lower prices, and for all your co-operation working with Penny Harty and the other contractors involved, to ensure the joinery was supplied on time and expertly put together."
Jenny and Neville Youngman
"Jenny and I are very pleased with our new kitchen. It is better than we thought. We want to thank you, Graham, Steve and your team for such a professional job. We have found you very easy and personable to deal with.
We have been impressed with all the installation process too. Congratulations and all the best."