The History of this Christchurch Joinery Company
Modern Age Kitchens & Joinery's History at a glance
Established in 1988 Modern Age Joinery has years 25 years experience in delivering Christchurch's best joinery. Below is a brief outline of how they reached this respected position within the industry.
- 1988 - Many of the great companies that are around today started life from their founder's garage. Modern Age Kitchens and Joinery is no different. In 1988 Grant Woodham established this now popular kitchen and joinery company from his garage.
- 1990 - Word-of-mouth gets around and demand for the high quality product Grant produces soars. Modern Age joinery moves into its first premises at 24 Hawdon Street.
- 1995 - As neighbouring buildings became available they were purchased which expanded the company's opportunities.
- 1997 - Modern Age joinery is strengthened as Grant's son Graham joins the business.
- 2005 - Purchased CNC operated machines which brought the operation into an efficient and modern era.
- 2009 - Modern Age joinery purchases 4th building opposite their factory in Hawdon Street and now houses a display room, viewing by appointment.
- 2009 - Wins Canterbury Region Award, and NZ Best Kitchen Award.
- 2010 – Modern Age Joinery changes name to Modern Age Kitchens and Joinery to reflect their strong emphasis on kitchen manufacturing.
- 2010 - Wins Canterbury Region Award, and NZ Best Kitchen Award, and the Supreme Award over all categories at the National Federation conference in Te Anau.
- 2011 - Wins Canterbury Region Award, and NZ Best Kitchen Award at the National Federation conference - a hat trick for both awards!
- 2013 - Wins Best Canterbury Region Kitchen Award 2013.
- 2015 - In-house designer Vikki Whyte joins the Modern Age team.